Kansas City Symphony
Job Title: Customer Relations Representative
Department: Marketing and Public Relations
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Public Relations
FLSA status: (exempt or nonexempt): Exempt
Prepared by: Jeff Barker
Date prepared: March 1, 2017
• Provide extraordinary service to every Symphony patron, exceeding expectations and so delighting customers that their enthusiasm and support of the Symphony is maximized.
• Promptly and accurately fulfill patron requests via phone, fax, email, website, telemarketing and in-person transactions.
• Work with marketing, development and administrative teams, extending service goals to include the entire institution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Ticket order fulfillment and delivery, seating, exchanges and refunds
• Fulfill specific requests as directed by management.
• Keep informed about special ticket promotions; fulfill complimentary ticket orders and enforce complimentary ticket policies; work proactively with department heads to insure holds and requests.
• Respond to all requests and inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
• Proactively communicate any and all program changes and opportunities, cancellations and postponements, etc.
• Assist marketing managers with ticketing pricing structure and subscription prices and discounts.
• Accurately record source codes for tracking solicitation efforts and patron activity.
• Assist with training and scheduling Customer Relations Associates when requested.
• Knowledge of telephone system operations and procedures.
• Proofread communications to ensure accuracy and feasibility of offers, benefits, schedules, etc. when requested to do so.
• Serve as key liaison with venues including the Kauffman Center, Lyric, Yardley Hall, Church of the Resurrection and others; communicating with their ticket service representatives to insure accuracy, fulfillment and reporting.
• Suited for a fast-paced, high-energy working environment.
• Detail-oriented, highly organized
• Able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks quickly, efficiently and accurately.
• Effective communicator and partner.
• Strong computer skills; knowledge of database management helpful.
• Knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word and Tessitura applications valuable
• Knowledge of classical music preferred.
• Experience in box office, direct marketing, call center, or related experience working with the public in a direct contact customer service position helpful.
• Sitting at the computer for several hours at a time
• Using a telephone head set
• Carrying boxes of supplies to various venues
• Must be able to work varied hours -- weekdays, weekends, evenings
• Able to adapt to several performance venues -- ticket offices or just a table and chair
• Variable temperatures -- lobby may be too cold, offices may be too hot
Please forward your resume and letter of application to:
Kansas City Symphony
Box Office Openings
Attn: Barbara Tate
1703 Wyandotte, Suite 200
Kansas City, MO 64108
The Kansas City Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.