Health and Safety Updates
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease that may result in personal injury, severe illness and death. By visiting the Kauffman Center, and/or attending performances, concerts, events or other activities, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19. All visitors must follow the Kauffman Center health and safety protocols. Please do your part to keep yourself and others safe.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, or simply do not feel well, please stay home. Contact the Symphony Box Office at (816) 471-0400 to exchange your tickets. Thank you.
▪ Face masks are required during the entirety of your visit, including when you arrive, as you move through the building, in your seat, in the restroom and as you leave.
▪ Everyone entering the Kauffman Center must wear a mask, regardless of age or medically granted exceptions. Entry into the building will be denied to anyone who cannot or will not wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth.
Face mask best practices:
▪ 2+ layers of breathable material.
▪ Fully covers nose and mouth and secures under chin.
▪ Fits snugly against sides of face.
▪ Is secured with ear loops or bands behind head and should stay in place without frequent readjusting.
Prohibited face coverings:
▪ Bandana-style masks (do not fit securely around mouth or under chin).
▪ Neck gaiters (do not fit securely around mouth or under chin).
▪ Masks with exhalation valves/vents (do not prevent water droplets from being expelled).
Services & Amenities
▪ At this time, the following services and amenities are not available: Coat Check, The Dining Experience restaurant, Bar Service, Serenity Rooms, and printed programs.
▪ Our staff and support teams are required to have their temperatures checked, wash their hands frequently and wear face masks at all times—plus, they have been trained on safety measures.
▪ Assistive Listening Devices are available. Please ask a Kauffman Center usher or staff member for assistance.
▪ Drinking fountains will not be available. You are allowed to bring in one unopened bottle of water (12oz. or smaller). Reusable containers are not allowed inside the Center. As a reminder, all food and beverage should be enjoyed outside Muriel Kauffman Theatre and Helzberg Hall.
We encourage you to check back to this webpage just prior to your visit, as processes and protocols are subject to change over time. Visit the Kauffman Center’s Health and Safety Updates webpage.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Kauffman Center Box Office at (816) 994-7222 during regular business hours. You may also contact the Kansas City Symphony Box Office at (816) 471-0400 during regular business hours.