Annual Internship: March-June
The Kansas City Symphony, the region’s only full-time professional symphony orchestra, is seeking applications for an Operations Department Intern. The Operations Intern will be responsible for assisting the Operations Department with day to day orchestra operations in addition to the annual Bank of America Celebration at the Station event in May. Primary areas of responsibility include work on concert production for a variety of events performed by the Kansas City Symphony. This internship with the Kansas City Symphony is a great way to learn about arts management in a hands-on, fast-paced and professional environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for research projects as assigned
- Assist with department organization
- “Hands-On” work backstage with orchestra and production staff
- Assist with set up of Bank of America Celebration at the Station, a free outdoor concert for over 55,000 spectators at Kansas City’s Union Station
- Must be available May 25, 26 and 27, 2018 to be eligible
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Sufficient personal mobility and strength to move and distribute materials/objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Preference given to students pursuing music performance, music education or arts management degrees
To apply for this internship:
Please email resumes and cover letters to Karen Hardcastle or mail to 1703 Wyandotte, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64108