Kansas City Symphony announces the return of Bank of America Celebration at the Station
Held at Union Station Kansas City and the National WWI Museum and Memorial
The Kansas City Symphony is excited to announce the return of Bank of America Celebration at the Station. The Symphony’s free concert event takes place Sunday, May 29, 2022 on the South Plaza of Union Station Kansas City and the National WWI Museum and Memorial – both near Pershing Road and Main Street, just south of Downtown Kansas City, Mo. The event site will open at 5 p.m. and includes food trucks, live pre-concert entertainment on the main stage, plus various vendors and booths in the Honeywell Veterans Place. A patriotic concert presented by the Kansas City Symphony, conducted by Music Director Michael Stern and featuring vocalist Oleta Adams, begins at 8 p.m. followed by Kansas City’s largest fireworks display, sponsored by Humana.
Highlights of the 2022 Bank of America Celebration at the Station concert event include:
- We honor soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice while defending their country and salute their families.
- A theme of unity that reflects one of America’s defining characteristics – the ability to come together during and after times of struggle and to collectively honor those who have served.
- This year’s performance will feature Kansas City’s own Oleta Adams, singing some of her best-known hits and patriotic favorites.
- Scott Hoke will serve as guest host. Many will recognize Scott from “Mecum Auto Auctions, Collector Cars and More” television broadcasts.
- The Kansas City Symphony is privileged to again partner with Union Station and the National WWI Museum and Memorial, who each will have their own Memorial Day Weekend activities and special exhibitions within their venues.
- Gold Star Mothers will showcase the Remembering Our Fallen Wall for Missouri and Kansas inside Union Station.
Schedule for the Evening
- 5:00 – A la Mode performs on the Main Stage
- 6:00 – KC Symphony musicians perform on the Mobile Music Box stage
- 6:30 – United States Air Force Band of Mid-America Airlifter Brass performs on the Main Stage
- 8:00 – KC Symphony begins Bank of America Celebration at the Station program on the Main Stage
- 8:00 – Kansas City PBS live broadcast begins on Channel 19.1
- 9:30 – Fireworks begin over the National WWI Museum and Memorial
What to bring, What NOT to bring…
- Picnic dinners are encouraged! There also is plenty of food available for purchase on-site.
- Bring folding chairs and blankets. Umbrellas are not encouraged, especially if they block the view of others.
- No alcohol and glass containers, please.
- No pets allowed.
Thanks to Kansas City PBS for once again broadcasting the concert live on KCPT Channel 19.1 and re-broadcasting the concert Monday, May 30 at 8:30PM. The performance also will be re-broadcast on PBS stations throughout the Midwest during the July 4th weekend, including affiliates throughout Iowa and Nebraska, and in St. Louis and Springfield, Missouri. Check your local listings for days and times.
We thank our friends in the community for participating
CLICK HERE and you could win a pair of tickets to an upcoming KC Symphony Classical Series concert!
- COPLAND Fanfare for the Common Man
- SMITH “The Star-Spangled Banner”
- GERSHWIN/HOLCOMBE Strike Up the Band
- BERLIN/HATFIELD “God Bless America”
- JOHN/WESTVEEN “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me”
- Oleta Adams, vocalist
- VALERIE COLEMAN Umoja Anthem of Unity
- SOUSA Hands Across the Sea
- SIFFRE/LOUIS “(Something Inside) So Strong”
- Oleta Adams, vocalist
- RUSSELL/DRABEK “Get Here”
- Oleta Adams, vocalist
- VARIOUS/NAUGHTIN Armed Forces Salute
- TRADITIONAL Taps
- Technical Sergeant Laura Brown, trumpet
- JOHN WILLIAMS “Hymn to the Fallen” from “Saving Private Ryan“
- WARD/ROTHMAN “America the Beautiful”
- TCHAIKOVSKY 1812, Overture solennelle, op. 49
- SOUSA The Stars and Stripes Forever
- Parking for the event is available in multiple surface lots and garages around the event site, including Union Station’s West Yards Garage and surface lots near the Hallmark complex, south of Crown Center.
- Most parking is $20. Union Station’s West Yards Garage only accepts credit cards. Some lot operators only accept cash. We advise you to bring both a credit card AND cash, just in case.
- Parking is permitted only in designated parking spots. Parking on the grass in private and public land, including Penn Valley Park, is strictly prohibited.
- Attendees also may park anywhere along Downtown KC’s streetcar route and ride the streetcar directly to Union Station. The streetcar will also run later than usual, to make sure you can get back to your parking place after the concert event.
- The designated drop-off/pick-up and ride share lane is along the south curb of eastbound Pershing Road just before Kessler (accessed from Broadway Blvd). Set your GPS for 215 W. Pershing Road, Kansas City, MO 64108.
- The Food Spot Food Truck – corn dogs, funnel cakes, fries, burgers, tenderloin sandwiches
- Hawaii Ice – Shaved Ice from Hawaii
- Hungry Hatch – Grain bowls, wraps, salads | Gluten Free and vegan/vegetarian options
- Jerusalem Café – Gyros |Falafels |Hummus |Fries |Chicken tenders |Corn dog |Fresh squeezed lemonade |Water
- K&C Concessions – Philly Cheese Steak, Ultimate Nachos, Polish and Andouille Sausage, Walking Taco Salad, Soft Tacos, Hot Dogs, Nachos, Fresh Squeezed Lemonade and Limeade
- KC Fooditude – Artisan Pizza and Specialty Nachos
- KC Whip and Company – Dole Whip Soft Serve | Frozen Cheesecake on a stick
- KC Poppers – Kettle Corn
- Kona Ice – Shaved Ice
- La Hamburguesa Loca – Street Tacos, Flautas, Quesadillas, Hamburgers, Taco Salad, Burritos, Enchiladas, Tortas, Mexican & American Food
- Nikki G’s Soul Q Bistro – Smoked pulled pork, or chicken served as tacos or sliders with choice Of soulful sides, smoked all beef dogs loaded with choice of pork or chicken. Churro waffle, assorted drinks.
- Scimeca’s Italian Sausage/Sugar Daddy’s Lemonade – Italian Sausage sandwiches, hot dogs, fresh squeezed lemonade, limeade, cherry limeade, cherry lemonade
- Taste of Brazil – Brazilian Food
- Tina’s Trucks Food Truck – Gourmet and upscale burgers, sandwiches, tacos, nachos. Gourmet sides – Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese, creamy corn dip, queso
- Tony Rico’s – Pasta Bowl, Meatball Sub, Italian Sausage Patty Melt, Lasagna Roll
- Twisted Taters – Gourmet Loaded Fryz
- Weenies & Paninis – Gourmet hot dogs, paninis, pretzels, chips
- 314 Novelties – Light up toys, wands, bubble blowers
- KC Shepherds Centers
- Pink Energy
- Veterans Community Project
- Team Fidelis
- Vet Center
- Midwest Section PGA Hope
- Charlie 22 Outdoors
- Monkey Brain Art
- Horses & Heroes
- KC VA Center
- KC Parks & Recreation
5 STAR PARTNER
3 STAR PARTNERS
2 STAR PARTNERS
- Lead Bank
- Audibel Hearing Centers
- KC Bier Co.
- Breakthru Beverage
- Chappelow Events
- J. Rieger & Co.
- Restless Spirits
- Pink Energy
- Velvet Creme Popcorn
- West Bottoms Whiskey Co.
- FOX 4 KANSAS CITY – WDAF-TV
- 101 The Fox
- 94.9 KCMO-FM
- 95.7 The Vibe
- 105.1 The X
- KCMO Talk Radio 710 AM and 103.7 FM
- 102.5 Jack FM
- Magic 107.3