Woman's City Club Charitable Foundation
Young Artist Competition
The Kansas City Symphony invites students between the ages of 13-18 to participate in the 2021 Woman’s City Club Charitable Foundation Young Artist Competition. This year’s competition will be entirely virtual. A completed registration form, $20 non-refundable audition fee and a video recording of a single movement from a concerto are required to participate.
Registration Deadline: Friday, March 5, 2021
Video Submission Deadline: Friday, April 2, 2021
Email Video Submissions to: email@example.com
RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 13 and 18 and enrolled in middle school or high school.
- Applicants must reside within the state of Missouri or the state of Kansas.
- Previous First Prize winners are not eligible to apply unless entering on a different instrument.
- Applicant will perform only ONE MOVEMENT of a concerto or concert piece for soloist and orchestra.
- All repertoire selections must have an orchestral accompaniment.
- All auditions must be submitted as a video recording without interruptions.
- All auditions must include piano accompaniment. Live accompaniment or pre-recorded accompaniment are acceptable. Applicants must submit the name and contact information of their accompanist. Applicants are responsible for providing their own accompanist.
- First, second and third prize winners will be selected by a committee of Kansas City Symphony musicians.