Help us bring the music to our region.
The Kansas City Symphony relies on an incredible corps of volunteers to bring the music to our region. Join the ranks of our extended staff at concerts, special events or at the office and be a part of your Symphony.
Enjoy a variety of fun and interactive volunteer opportunities at this family-friendly, outdoor patriotic concert. (Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend)
More information will be posted at a later date.
Represent the Kansas City Symphony during a short shift at our Plaza Art Fair booth. Meet Symphony staff and other volunteers while promoting our our offerings:
- Upcoming concerts
- Season ticket options
- Holiday offerings
- Registering future ticket-holders to win free tickets
- Distributing a give-away
- Work with Symphony staff and volunteers to coordinate and assemble our subscription renewal campaign materials — you’ll get a first look at the upcoming subscription options. (January)
- Work with Symphony staff and volunteers to coordinate and assemble our subscription ticket packets — you’ll get a first look at the entire line-up. (July)
- Under the direction of the Kansas City Symphony Alliance volunteer group work the showhouse tours to welcome guests and provide them information about this important Symphony fundraiser.
- Greet and check-in Symphony Society donors at the Sprint Reception Suite entrance during Kansas City Symphony concerts at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.
- Assist Kansas City staff with setup of the Sprint Reception Suite prior to each reception and during intermissions.
- Connect to the largest performing arts organization in the region.
- Build a background in special events, donor relations, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Receive a complimentary ticket for each performance at which the Reception Suite Host volunteers, provided seating is available.
- Receive complimentary garage parking at the Kauffman Center if volunteering for at least eight concerts during the 2017/18 season.
- Receive a letter of recommendation following at least three months of volunteer service.
To volunteer, please send a letter of interest and your goals for volunteering to Karen Hardcastle, Manager of Events and Volunteer Engagement.
Volunteer for our education department and work the Instrument Petting Zoo.
- Demonstrate how to hold an instrument, play an instrument, and work with kids as they sample as many sounds as they wish.
- Assist with projects related to the administration of the daily operations of the Kansas City Symphony. Duties may include filing, mailing preparation, making phone calls, etc.
- Requirements: Confidence in computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel are beneficial, but not required. Commitments vary depending on the season and volunteer’s availability, must be able to work during Symphony office hours (M-F 9am-5pm).