Individual Tickets for 2018/19 Kansas City Symphony Concerts Available July 30, Announcing Classics Uncorked
July 18, 2018
From blockbuster movie concerts to some of the absolute best classical repertoire, the Kansas City Symphony’s 2018/19 season offers thrilling live music for everyone in Helzberg Hall at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. Single tickets will be available for purchase starting at 10 a.m. Monday, July 30 via kcsymphony.org or by calling the Symphony Box Office at (816) 471-0400.
While September and October concerts have been on sale for several weeks, the Symphony’s July 30 on-sale puts the rest of the Symphony season up for grabs. Tickets to all holiday, movie and special concerts, plus tributes honoring the music of George Gershwin, Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston will be available. Highlights include:
- Opening Weekend: Beethoven’s Triple Concerto and Symphonic Dances
- Russian Romantics: Tchaikovsky and Glazunov
- Carmina Burana
- Season Finale: Pictures at an Exhibition
- Glorious Gershwin featuring Patti Austin
- An Evening with Lyle Lovett and the Kansas City Symphony
- Film + Live Orchestra: Casablanca in Concert
- Pink Martini with the Symphony
- The Texas Tenors: Deep in the Heart of Texas
- Handel’s Messiah
- Christmas Festival
- Film + Live Orchestra: It’s a Wonderful Life in Concert
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban™ in Concert
- Leslie Odom Jr. with the Kansas City Symphony
- Ben Folds with the Kansas City Symphony
- Andrew Bird with the Kansas City Symphony
- Silent Film + Live Organ: The Hunchback of Notre Dame in Concert
- Wynonna with the Kansas City Symphony
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire™ in Concert
- Film + Live Orchestra: Star Wars Episode IV — A New Hope
- The Music of Michael Jackson
- Whitney Houston’s Greatest Hits
2018/19 Classics Uncorked Series
The Classics Uncorked Series returns with three fun, one-hour casual concerts led by David T. Beals III Associate Conductor Jason Seber. Most tickets are $25 and include a free glass of wine or champagne following the performance when guests can mingle with Symphony musicians in Kauffman Center’s stunning Brandmeyer Great Hall. Sponsored by BMO Wealth Management.
- Classics Uncorked: Bach, Bluegrass and Bourbon | Thursday, Nov. 8 at 7 p.m.
Ready for some toe-tappin’ fun? We’re bringing a little Kentucky to KC. Come hear some bluegrass pickin’ and pluckin’ plus Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto No. 3. In addition to the post-concert wine reception, a special selection of bourbons will be available for tasting.
- Classics Uncorked: Grammy® Greats | Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019 at 7 p.m.
We’ve handpicked some of the best Grammy® Award-winning music for a one-night-only showcase in the world-class acoustics of Helzberg Hall. You’ll hear excerpts from the film “Up” by Michael Giacchino, an arrangement of Coldplay’s “Viva La Vida” and music by Aaron Copland, Joan Tower and Jennifer Higdon. Principal Viola Christine Grossman stars in Higdon’s Viola Concerto.
- Classics Uncorked: Secrets Revealed | Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 7 p.m.
When the backstory is as intriguing as the music, we have to pull back the curtain! Elgar’s Enigma Variations captures the essence of his friends and even himself in 14 variations on an enigmatic theme. Plus, many speculate his work contains an overarching hidden theme. Masquerade by Anna Clyne conjures up a mid-18th century London promenade concert with street entertainers.
Free Happy Hour Concerts
The Free Symphony Happy Hour Concerts featuring chamber music programmed by Symphony musicians are back with seven concerts for the 2018/19 season. Dates to reserve free general admission tickets vary. See website or call Symphony Box Office for additional details. Sponsored by Lead Bank.
- Piano Pizzazz | Tuesday, Sept. 11 at 6 p.m.
- Stars of the Strings | Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 6 p.m.
- I Love You Verdi Much | Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Soak Up the Baroque | Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Radiant Ravel | Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- I Could’ve Danced All Night | Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Jan Kraybill’s Organ Extravaganza | Tuesday, May 28 at 6 p.m.
A relatively new concert format for the Symphony, these soothing programs feature guided meditation by certified Relax and Renew® trainer Anita Bailey along with soft, gentle chamber music selections. Tickets are $15, inclusive of all fees.
- Sounds Relaxing: Recharge | Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 6:30 p.m.
- Sounds Relaxing: Rejuvenate | Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
- Sounds Relaxing: Refresh | Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
- Sounds Relaxing: Renew | Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
Information for additional 2018/19 concerts, including Sensory Friendly concerts, TubaChristmas, and Petite Performances can be found at kcsymphony.org.
Season ticket holders may exchange and purchase individual tickets ahead of the public during the Symphony’s subscriber courtesy week, July 23-27, at a discount of $5 per adult ticket (exclusions may apply). Single tickets go on sale Monday, July 23 at 10 a.m. Tickets are available through the Symphony Box Office at (816) 471-0400 or kcsymphony.org. View the 2018/19 season subscription brochure.
Kansas City Symphony Renews Associate Conductor Contract
Kansas City Symphony Names Next Executive Director